Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Message From Drey

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Edward Cullen
Ravenclaw
Edward Cullen

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2008-09-01

A Message From Drey Empty
PostSubject: A Message From Drey   A Message From Drey Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 12:15 pm

I'm sure some of you (or at least I hope) have been wondering this question. So here's my explanation.
Hi, my name is Andrey, and I'm an internet-oholic.
Lately, I've been finding myself lazier and lazier, coming online instead of doing my schoolwork, RPing when I should be studying, blowing off my friends to sit at my computer. This machine has taken over my life. The first thing I do when I wake up on a weekend is turn on this ghastly arrangement of wires and chips, and browse the terabytes of information that have piled up while I slept. I sat late into the night, a zombie-like expression on my face, the room illuminated with the blue glow of the monitor. My posture has become worse then ever. My eyesight is dwindling further. Of course, some useful things have come of my Internet-addiction. I type much faster now, even though I use only two fingers. I can put out almost as many words per minute as a professional typist. My English and description skills have increased, because I always tried to be creative with my posts. But, as it often is in life, the bad side is stronger then the good.

My relationship with my parents has gotten worse then ever. I never really had many friends, but now I only have one. Even with my hellishly good looks, a girlfriend is out of the question. I don't see any use coming from this habit of mine, so I'm trying my best to stop.

What are the symptoms of internet addiction, you ask? Well, then. One major symptom, as with any addiction, is denying you have an addiction. I've had numerous addictions in the past, to cigarettes, to marijuana, and now to the internet. I've gotten over all of them, but the internet is BY FAR the most difficult to get rid of. Internet withdrawal isn't nearly as bad as from the other substances, but it involves things such as insomnia, a shorter attention span, things like that. My hands shake more when I've been away from a computer for extended periods of time. It's bad.

School is what suffered the worst for me. Throughout middle school, and the first half of ninth grade, I was internet-free and received very good grades. I used to be disappointed with a B+. Now, I'm glad when I score a B-. I spend more time online then studying, and this has to stop.

I'm not telling any of you to stop RPing or anything like that, just explaining why I have to stop. Hopefully you understand, and won't miss me at all.

I love you all dearly, and will miss you immensely. It pains me to even write this out, because this just further rips me away from you all. You'll still see me on Facebook, even on AIM once in a while, but I will only return to the RP forums if I even out my social situation, and bring my grades back up. Hopefully, dropping this habit, will further me along in dropping my internet addiction.

Also, if someone could please copy paste this message to the Lost Lullaby forum, I'd appreciate it. I don't remember either URL anymore, and I'm deleting the links in my favorites folder shortly after this.

Farewell.
Andrey Alekseyev.
Back to top Go down
Edward Cullen
Ravenclaw
Edward Cullen

Number of posts : 185

PostSubject: Re: A Message From Drey   A Message From Drey Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 12:16 pm

I'll miss you Drey. I know you won't read this but I wish you the best of luck with school and your friends and family and life in case I never get to talk to you again. Love you dude.
Back to top Go down
Katie Griggis
Slytherin
Katie Griggis

Number of posts : 242

PostSubject: Re: A Message From Drey   A Message From Drey Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 12:20 pm

yeah we'll all miss you !! Sad Sad
hope things get better for you.. Good Luck with it all
Luv ya always and miss u like hell!!
xXx
Back to top Go down
Riley Houston

Riley Houston

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: A Message From Drey   A Message From Drey Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 9:14 pm

Seriously, I'll miss you lots! Good luck with everything, Andrey!
Back to top Go down
Sergei Sokolov
Slytherin
Sergei Sokolov

Number of posts : 238

PostSubject: Re: A Message From Drey   A Message From Drey Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 1:32 pm

Guess who's back, motherfuckers?!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/andreysoviet
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Message From Drey   A Message From Drey Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Message From Drey
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: First Things First :: Staff Noticeboard-
Jump to: