Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A foolish man... -- 8 December 2008

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Michael Corvinus

Michael Corvinus

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2008-12-03

A foolish man... -- 8 December 2008 Empty
PostSubject: A foolish man... -- 8 December 2008   A foolish man... -- 8 December 2008 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 10:53 pm

A foolish man tells a woman to stop talking, but a wise man tells her that her mouth is extremely beautiful when her lips are closed.

Michael sat in the library reading a book. It hadn't been long after he and Ashley broke up, though he saw she and Riley holding hands in the library yesterday. That hit him hard, though he's hoping that he will find a way to 'get-over' Ashley, unless she decides to come back, which isn't a guaranteed circumstance. The book he is reading is 'Theory of Charms: The Advanced Volume'.
Back to top Go down
Katy McLaughlin

Katy McLaughlin

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: A foolish man... -- 8 December 2008   A foolish man... -- 8 December 2008 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 11:14 pm

Katy walked into the library, a sheet of paper with a list of books in her hand. She went straight towards the back of the library, looking for a book on charms. She was suprised when she saw Michael there, his head stuck in a book (though not the one she needed)
"Hey, Michael"
she said quietly as she grabbed the book she needed from the shelf: Theory of Charms: The Advanced Volume Two.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scarletice.darkbb.com
Michael Corvinus

Michael Corvinus

PostSubject: Re: A foolish man... -- 8 December 2008   A foolish man... -- 8 December 2008 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 11:20 pm

Michael looked up and smiled. "Hi Katy. How are you doing?," he asked kindly.
Back to top Go down
Katy McLaughlin

Katy McLaughlin

PostSubject: Re: A foolish man... -- 8 December 2008   A foolish man... -- 8 December 2008 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 11:24 pm

"Im great! Im settling in here quite nicely, suprisingly..and the classes are amazing! Especially runes and charms..really fasinating subjects!"
she smiled brightly and took a seat opposite from him
"Why you look so mopy? you ok??"
Back to top Go down
Michael Corvinus

Michael Corvinus

PostSubject: Re: A foolish man... -- 8 December 2008   A foolish man... -- 8 December 2008 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 11:36 pm

Michael nodded and said, "well...recently, Ashley and I broke up, or rather it was mentioned that we would work on our friendship before a relationship." In an effort to steer back to cheerfulness, he said, "I'm glad that you are settling in well," he said with a smile. "I love Charms, Transfiguration and Ancient Runes. My Brother and I both enjoy those subjects. I can't wait for the Christmas Yule-tide Ball. It should be fun to be with my Friends, there. Thank you for being a smiling face...being here, especially as things are a little rough. I'll rise above it," he added with a weak smile. "It is always nice to talk to you, even though we aren't in the same classes." He then gives a another smile.
Back to top Go down
Katy McLaughlin

Katy McLaughlin

PostSubject: Re: A foolish man... -- 8 December 2008   A foolish man... -- 8 December 2008 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 11:41 pm

Katy smiled brightly
"No, its ok...you can tell me if you want..Im an open ear..and i wont tell a soul..but you dont have to..oh the dance...i doubt ill be going..cant stand christmas"
Back to top Go down
Michael Corvinus

Michael Corvinus

PostSubject: Re: A foolish man... -- 8 December 2008   A foolish man... -- 8 December 2008 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 8:26 am

Michael gave a weak smile and then said, "don't worry...I trust you, Katy. Well...it started when she kissed another Riley. She told me about it, which then made me felt betrayed. I heard it also hurt her friendship with him. Then a few days after this, I was trying to explain to Ashley that we can work through it, and uplifting things...though I mentioned that I loved her. That really sent her over the edge. She was spooked then...I...I can't believe that I said that. I wasn't even thinking about that in my head. Soon after that, she broke it up," said Michael as his head met the table. He rolled it around in the book for a moment, before realizing that he probably looked weird doing that. He then raised his head, and looked into Katy's eyes. "I'm sorry...what I said, probably ran together and everything. It hurts to think about it...though it is also nice to talk to someone. Many of my classmates are tired of hearing about what happened." He digested what Katy said about Christmas. "That's too bad, about you not going to the dance. Christmas is one of the most enjoyable times of the year for me. Growing up, my Family would always buy lots of toys, and then bring them to magical hospitals, dressed in costume." Michael smiled. "I was always an elf, like my brother, while my Mother and Father were always Mrs. Claus and Santa Claus. I always found enjoyment in helping those less fortunate." He then ran his fingers through his hair while thinking about those memories. "If you don't mind my asking...why can you not stand Christmas?, and its alright if you don't want to say," spoke Michael gently.
Back to top Go down
Katy McLaughlin

Katy McLaughlin

PostSubject: Re: A foolish man... -- 8 December 2008   A foolish man... -- 8 December 2008 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 9:07 am

"Now you see, if your classmates really cared, they'd listen to it every time you felt you needed to say it. You know..I'm betting if you give her some time..she'll come back...From the tid bits of information i got from people..it sounded like you two had a great bond. If my guess is right, not making up with you, even if it is only just as friends for awhile, would eat at her..Its not that easy to just drop a guy you care for that much and move on.."
She sighed, moving a piece of hair that had fallen into her eyes.
"Christmas...well...For one, Ive no one to spend it with..hard to believe, but im the last McLaughlin alive...all my family's dead..either by natural causes or killed by those stupid Death Eaters"
Her voice took on a bit of venom at the end as images of her parents being killed while she hid in the closet flitted through her mind.
She looked back up at Michael, not realizing she had looked down. The smile was back on her face
"Usually i sit in my living room alone on Christmas."
Katy stopped talking, her eyes analyzing Michael. Katy picked up her book, closing his and picking it up too
"Come on..you need some happy thoughts right now!"
Back to top Go down
Michael Corvinus

Michael Corvinus

PostSubject: Re: A foolish man... -- 8 December 2008   A foolish man... -- 8 December 2008 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 10:12 am

Michael nodded when she mentioned that Ashley may come back. "I'll see, and it must be that many of my friends wouldn't be considered 'best-friends'." At her mentioning about her Family, Michael's smile went away. "I am so sorry. Its easy to forget that not everyone has many existing family to share Holidays with. Is there anything that I can do to help your feelings on the season?," asked Michael. After this, Katy picks up her and his book. He gave a chuckle and smiled, "Happy thoughts are always nice. We might even be able to draw up some Christmas spirit," he added with a nod as he gently tapped Katy's lower cheek with his fist in a playful though respectable fashion.
Back to top Go down
Katy McLaughlin

Katy McLaughlin

PostSubject: Re: A foolish man... -- 8 December 2008   A foolish man... -- 8 December 2008 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 11:00 am

Katy smiled
"Come on! If there's one thing that cheers me up its...well its a secret for now..but come on!"
She pulled his arm until he stood up then, still holding onto his arm, pulled him quiclky through the library.
Back to top Go down
Michael Corvinus

Michael Corvinus

PostSubject: Re: A foolish man... -- 8 December 2008   A foolish man... -- 8 December 2008 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 11:15 am

Michael smiles, as Katy pulls him through the library. "Alrighty," he says.
Back to top Go down
Katy McLaughlin

Katy McLaughlin

PostSubject: Re: A foolish man... -- 8 December 2008   A foolish man... -- 8 December 2008 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 12:38 pm

"Oh wait...need to check the books out..oops"
Katy made a u-turn and headed for the librarians desk.
She gave Michael his book and put hers on the counter.
"Hey, ill be right back..just need a few more books"
With that, Katy swiftly moved back into the hundreds of shelves of books in the library. She came back a bout a minute later with 4 more books piled in her arms. Two of them were really thick, one was actually tiny, and the fourth looked about average size.
"Ok! That's all I needed."
she said, setting the books on the counter with a loud BOOM!
"You know the way to the kitchen, Michael?"
she asked as the librarian checked out the books
Back to top Go down
Michael Corvinus

Michael Corvinus

PostSubject: Re: A foolish man... -- 8 December 2008   A foolish man... -- 8 December 2008 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 12:50 pm

Michael nodded and said, "I do, Katy." Michael chuckled when she returned with more books. He then had the Librarian check out his book when ready. Once they were ready, he walked with Katy out the door, towards the Kitchens.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A foolish man... -- 8 December 2008   A foolish man... -- 8 December 2008 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A foolish man... -- 8 December 2008
Page 1 of 1