Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Random encounter by the Lake-side

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Ashley Michael
Ravenclaw
Ashley Michael

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2008-09-02

Random encounter by the Lake-side - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random encounter by the Lake-side   Random encounter by the Lake-side - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 8:08 pm

"Nice," Ash said. "I have to say that reading up on history has always been fun for me."
Back to top Go down
Alexander Corvinus
Gryffindor
Alexander Corvinus

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Random encounter by the Lake-side   Random encounter by the Lake-side - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 8:13 pm

Alex listened and then said, "my Great-grandparents were very big into history, especially about my Family. My Grandparents weren't as much into Family history, though we all can't help but learn where our roots have come from," he added.
Back to top Go down
Ashley Michael
Ravenclaw
Ashley Michael

PostSubject: Re: Random encounter by the Lake-side   Random encounter by the Lake-side - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 8:15 pm

"Exactly," Ash said. "And there is some family history you would rather not find otu about... but you do anyways."
Back to top Go down
Alexander Corvinus
Gryffindor
Alexander Corvinus

PostSubject: Re: Random encounter by the Lake-side   Random encounter by the Lake-side - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 8:19 pm

"Exactly. The good, the bad and the ugly are always unearthed," said Alex looking towards the sky. "It is always nice to learn neat stories about one's ancestors. Do you know anything cool about your Family?," he asked kindly.
Back to top Go down
Ashley Michael
Ravenclaw
Ashley Michael

PostSubject: Re: Random encounter by the Lake-side   Random encounter by the Lake-side - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 8:23 pm

Ash rolled her eyes. "WEll, everyone on my mum's side are either alcoholics, druggies, or both... or worse," she said. "And I don't know much about my Dad's side because I don't see him like ever."
Back to top Go down
Alexander Corvinus
Gryffindor
Alexander Corvinus

PostSubject: Re: Random encounter by the Lake-side   Random encounter by the Lake-side - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 8:26 pm

"Oh...that's sad," said Alex kindly. "Its regrettable that...well...I'm at a loss for words...I'm very sorry," he said gently.
Back to top Go down
Ashley Michael
Ravenclaw
Ashley Michael

PostSubject: Re: Random encounter by the Lake-side   Random encounter by the Lake-side - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 8:31 pm

"Meh, I'm used to it and it doesn't bother me anymore," Ash said, shrugging. "So... any interesting things in your family past?" she asked, smiling.
Back to top Go down
Alexander Corvinus
Gryffindor
Alexander Corvinus

PostSubject: Re: Random encounter by the Lake-side   Random encounter by the Lake-side - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 8:35 pm

Alex nodded and said, "my Great-great-great-grandfather founded the 'Daily Prophet.' My Family doesn't directly run it anymore, though we own a controlling or majority stake in the business. Suffice it to say, we haven't had to worry about money for a while," he said, almost in an embarrassed fashion.
Back to top Go down
Ashley Michael
Ravenclaw
Ashley Michael

PostSubject: Re: Random encounter by the Lake-side   Random encounter by the Lake-side - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 8:39 pm

"That's so cool," Ash said. "And it's always nice to have a bit of money." She chuckled. "There's no need to have that tone when you talk about it."
Back to top Go down
Alexander Corvinus
Gryffindor
Alexander Corvinus

PostSubject: Re: Random encounter by the Lake-side   Random encounter by the Lake-side - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 8:42 pm

"Well. Some would flaunt their money around, showing off. I'm not one that likes to brag. My Parents are the same way. We do things, though its not like everyone has to know we have money," said Alex honestly.
Back to top Go down
Ashley Michael
Ravenclaw
Ashley Michael

PostSubject: Re: Random encounter by the Lake-side   Random encounter by the Lake-side - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 8:47 pm

"Well, if you fluanted it I'd probably hate you," Ash joked, chuckling.
Back to top Go down
Alexander Corvinus
Gryffindor
Alexander Corvinus

PostSubject: Re: Random encounter by the Lake-side   Random encounter by the Lake-side - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 8:53 pm

"Some would, though sadly, many in the Wealthy world expect it. I haven't lived in the latter, though I much more enjoy not having to constantly living up to the wealthy standards of the high and mighty. It doesn't matter what 'rank' we are on the 'Grogan Stump Wealthiest Wizarding Families' list," said Alex with a chuckle.
Back to top Go down
Ashley Michael
Ravenclaw
Ashley Michael

PostSubject: Re: Random encounter by the Lake-side   Random encounter by the Lake-side - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 8:59 pm

Ashley chuckled. "Yeah," she said. "The wealthier wizards expect you to be some sort of snob -- which you obviously aren't -- and that's just the same as everyone expecting Austin and I to become druggies or something." Ash shook her head. "And that's not going to happen... so don't become snobby or anything because that means that I'll end up a druggie or somethign!" Ash laughed and shook her head.
Back to top Go down
Alexander Corvinus
Gryffindor
Alexander Corvinus

PostSubject: Re: Random encounter by the Lake-side   Random encounter by the Lake-side - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 9:01 pm

Alex laughed, and said, "you've got a deal. I don't plan on becoming a snob anytime soon. The Slytherins seem to have that covered," he added with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Ashley Michael
Ravenclaw
Ashley Michael

PostSubject: Re: Random encounter by the Lake-side   Random encounter by the Lake-side - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 9:07 pm

"Yeah, you're right, I think they do," Ash agreed.
Back to top Go down
Alexander Corvinus
Gryffindor
Alexander Corvinus

PostSubject: Re: Random encounter by the Lake-side   Random encounter by the Lake-side - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 9:14 pm

Alex wasn't sure what to talk about next. He stared out at the lake.
Back to top Go down
Ashley Michael
Ravenclaw
Ashley Michael

PostSubject: Re: Random encounter by the Lake-side   Random encounter by the Lake-side - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 8:07 am

Ash sighed with content and also stared out at the lake. For once she had nothing to say -- which is utterly amazing! After a few minutes she looked around the grounds and saw quite a few other students enjoying the nice day -- including her brother who was with a Slytherin girl and Riley who was sitting by a tree reading. SHe smiled somewhat evilly. "I'll be right back," she told Alex. SHe stood up and went over to Riley. "you're coming with me and you're making another friend," she informed, waiting for RIley to stand because she knew that Riley disliked being touched -- even in just a friendly manner.
Back to top Go down
Riley Houston

Riley Houston

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Random encounter by the Lake-side   Random encounter by the Lake-side - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 8:10 am

Riley sighed and marked the page in his book and stood up -- it would be worthless to argue with Ashley. He followed her to the lakeside where she plopped down next to another guy.
Back to top Go down
Ashley Michael
Ravenclaw
Ashley Michael

PostSubject: Re: Random encounter by the Lake-side   Random encounter by the Lake-side - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 8:10 am

"Sit," she instructed.
Back to top Go down
Riley Houston

Riley Houston

Riley did as he was isntructed and sat, but said not one word.
Back to top Go down
Ashley Michael
Ravenclaw
Ashley Michael

PostSubject: Re: Random encounter by the Lake-side   Random encounter by the Lake-side - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 8:12 am

Ashley rolled her eyes. "Alex, this is Riley," she said, making introductions. "Riley, that's Alex. He's a year below us and is in Gryffindor."

((Sorry you have a few posts to read, Chris! Ash kinda took over and dragged Riley into it... not sure where she's going with it... but I think she just wanted to talk again. Razz ))
Back to top Go down
Alexander Corvinus
Gryffindor
Alexander Corvinus

PostSubject: Re: Random encounter by the Lake-side   Random encounter by the Lake-side - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 9:25 am

Alex watched her run to a person and then bring her over. Once Ashley sat back down, he listened. Extending his hand to Riley and said, "Its nice to meet you, Riley. My name is Alex. Alexander Corvinus," he added with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Riley Houston

Riley Houston

PostSubject: Re: Random encounter by the Lake-side   Random encounter by the Lake-side - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 9:37 am

Riley shook it to be polite because if he didn't, Ashley would bite his head off later. "Riley Houston," he replied quietly. Corvinus, Riley thought, surprised that the name rung a bell. Oh, right. Them. The ones my grandparents hate...
Back to top Go down
Alexander Corvinus
Gryffindor
Alexander Corvinus

PostSubject: Re: Random encounter by the Lake-side   Random encounter by the Lake-side - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 9:54 am

Houston...Houston...where have I heard that name before, he thought to himself, after they shook hands. "Do you mind my asking...your Grandparents...are their names, Gunther and Cornelia?," Alex asked with a tilted head, while thinking aloud.
Back to top Go down
Riley Houston

Riley Houston

PostSubject: Re: Random encounter by the Lake-side   Random encounter by the Lake-side - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 9:56 am

Riley nodded.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random encounter by the Lake-side   Random encounter by the Lake-side - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random encounter by the Lake-side
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Hogwarts :: Grounds :: The Lake-
Jump to: